“Dear Friends, on the 25th May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to all organisations who hold personal data. This supersedes the UK Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998.
THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOU TO DO AT THIS STAGE! We have been looking at the implications for some time now and emails will be sent out before the 25th May 2018 to those who request information by email and an article will appear in the July newsletter for those who request information by post. We are now required to have a Friends Privacy Statement. Please click on this link here and read if you wish to know more. >>> Friends Privacy Statement
Should something not be clear please leave a message for me at the museum by hand or phone between 1 and 4 pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you! Charlie Middlewood (Friends Membership Secretary) April 2018″
- Please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> July 2018 Newsletter (for the eagle eyed you will have noticed that we published the wrong date for the November coffee morning-it is of course the 14th!)
Your next newsletter is due on, or around 1st November 2018, and will include your invitations to the Annual General Meeting and Xmas Party.
Friends, If you would like to be involved in making this year’s well dressing, Christine invites “Friends of Saddleworth Museum” to join her, and her team, on Thursday 13th and/or Friday 14th September to add “your bit” of the picture.
Friends Annual Luncheon > Sunday 7th October. 1 pm for 1.30.
Have you received your invitation?
On the 1st July we sent out your invitations with the last newsletter.
If you have NOT received your invitation please contact the organisers on email email@example.com immediately.
Please see the “Events” page for ALL the confirmed events organised by the curator, “Friends”, learning officers, volunteers or other groups with strong links to the museum.
Major 2018 Events planned as at 31st August:-
- Monday 10th September > Volunteer Night at the Museum 7 pm.
- Sunday 16th September > Heritage Open Day at the Museum 1 – 4 pm. Refreshments available.
- Friday 21st September > Team Quiz Night with Supper 7 pm. £5 per person. Places to be reserved in advance.
- Sunday 7th October > FRIENDS Annual Sunday LUNCHEON > invitations sent out with your July newsletter.
- Monday 8th October > Volunteer Night at the Museum 7 pm.
- Friday 2nd November > A musical based evening of entertainment at the museum by our local troupe “Entertaining Friends” > detail pending.
- Monday 12th November > Volunteer Night at the Museum 7 pm.
- Sunday 25th November > Our CHARITY NIGHT at the THEATRE > “Pitman Painters” by Lee Hall at The Millgate Arts Centre > detail pending
- Tuesday 4th December > FRIENDS AGM and Christmas PARTY December > detail pending
- Saturday 8th December > Santa’s grotto and children’s craft workshops > detail pending
- Monday 10th December > Volunteer Night at the Museum 7 pm.
New Friends of Saddleworth Museum and Gallery
Joining Forms are usually available in museum reception. This section is designed to provide the website visitor and any prospective “Friend” with information.
A very warm welcome should you decide to join us, and your support would be most valued !
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £10, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (up to two parents or grandparents and two children or grandchildren) £25.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested.