“Dear Friends, on the 25th May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to all organisations who hold personal data. This supersedes the UK Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998.
THERE IS NOTHING FOR YOU TO DO AT THIS STAGE! We have been looking at the implications for some time now and emails will be sent out before the 25th May 2018 to those who request information by email and an article will appear in the July newsletter for those who request information by post. We are now required to have a Friends Privacy Statement. Please click on this link here and read if you wish to know more. >>> Friends Privacy Statement
Should something not be clear please leave a message for me at the museum by hand or phone between 1 and 4 pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you! Charlie Middlewood (Friends Membership Secretary) April 2018″
- Please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> March 2018 FINAL
Your next newsletter is due on, or around 1st July 2018, and will include your invitations to the annual luncheon.
Plant Sale > Sunday 27th May 11am – 4 pm.
CAN YOU HELP!
The organisers really need your help with this event please.
We need some help on the day, but also can you, who are gardeners, begin to prepare any extra plants you could donate?
If you can help please let Janet at the museum reception know how you can help and your contact details
Please see the “Events” page for ALL the confirmed events organised by the curator, “Friends”, learning officers, volunteers or other groups with strong links to the museum.
Major Events planned as at 31st May:-
- Sunday 29th July > Yorkshire Day celebrations with stall on the King George V playing field > Museum, Friends and Volunteers will be in attendance
- Saturday 9th June > A museum heritage walk > “Chew Valley Tramway”
- Sunday 22nd July > Strawberry Tea > at the museum > detail pending
- Saturday 28th July > A museum heritage walk > “Pots and Pans History Walk”
- August date not yet decided > Take away Tuesdays—children’s crafts at the Museum 1-4 pm > detail pending
- September date not yet decided > Team Quiz Night with Supper > detail pending
- Sunday 7th October > FRIENDS Annual Sunday LUNCHEON > details and invitations to be sent out with next newsletter
- Friday 2nd November > A musical based evening of entertainment at the museum by our local troupe “Entertaining Friends” > detail pending
- Sunday 25th November > Our CHARITY NIGHT at the THEATRE > “Pitman Painters” by Lee Hall at The Millgate Arts Centre > detail pending
- Tuesday 4th December > FRIENDS AGM and Christmas PARTY December > detail pending
- Saturday 8th December > Santa’s grotto and children’s craft workshops > detail pending
New Friends of Saddleworth Museum and Gallery
Joining Forms are usually available in museum reception. This section is designed to provide the website visitor and any prospective “Friend” with information.
A very warm welcome should you decide to join us, and your support would be most valued !
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £10, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (up to two parents or grandparents and two children or grandchildren) £25.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email email@example.com should you be interested.