This page is designed to keep you informed of those activites and events of specific interest to the “Friends” of the Saddleworth Museum and Gallery and provide an additional opportunity for non members to join the “Friends”
Your support is most valued.
(From 25th May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] superseded the UK Data Protection Act [DPA] of 1998. Our revised privacy statement is available via this link >>> Friends Privacy Statement )
Thank you to all those who have re-joined and the July newsletter will have included a reminder renewal form for any who may have mislaid the March renewal. Should you require more information please leave a message for me at the museum by hand or phone between 1 and 4 pm, or email email@example.com Thank you! Charlie Middlewood (Friends Membership Secretary) 1st August 2019″
- For existing members, please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> Nov 2019
Your next newsletter is due on, or around 1st March 2020.
New Friends of Saddleworth Museum and Gallery
Joining Forms are usually available in museum reception. This section is designed to provide the website visitor and any prospective “Friend” with information.
A very warm welcome should you decide to join us, and your support would be most valued !
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £10, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (up to two parents or grandparents and two children or grandchildren) £25.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested.