“Dear Friends, it is that time of year again!
We have had to increase the cost of a couple of the membership types this year. This was agreed formally during our A.G.M. last December and I do hope we can count on your continued support. This year I created a “quick” subscription renewal form for you and I also provided our bank details since this may be a good time for you to consider a recurring bank transfer. These two things will hopefully make things easier for you and help keep our running costs to the minimum. We will of course continue the current systems for those who really prefer to pay by cash or cheque each year.
Should something not be clear please let me know when you renew or leave a message for me at the museum by hand or phone between 1 and 4 pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you! Charlie Middlewood (Friends Membership Secretary) March 2018″
- Please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> March 2018 final
Your next newsletter is due on, or around 1st July 2018, and will include your invitations to the annual luncheon.
Plant Sale > Sunday 27th May 11am – 4 pm.
CAN YOU HELP!
The organisers really need your help with this event please.
We need some help on the day, but also can you, who are gardeners, begin to prepare any extra plants you could donate?
If you can help please let Janet at the museum reception know how you can help and your contact details
Please see the “Events” page for ALL the confirmed events organised by the curator, “Friends”, learning officers, volunteers or other groups with strong links to the museum.
Major Events planned as at 31st March:-
10th April > FRIENDS Tapas Evening> CANCELLED
- 10th April > Take Away Tuesday family fun: Make a ‘busy bee’ in the Carnegie Gallery 1- 4 pm > JUST TURN UP
- 19th April > FRIENDS Friends’ Coach Trip to see the Terracotta army at the World Museum > SOLD OUT
- 27th May > FRIENDS Plant Sale > PLEASE CONTACT THE MUSEUM RECEPTION IF YOU CAN HELP
- 29th July > Yorkshire Day celebrations with stall on the King George V playing field > JUST TURN UP
- August > Take away Tuesdays—children’s crafts at the Museum 1-4 pm > detail pending
- September > Team Quiz Night with Supper > detail pending
- 7th Oct > FRIENDS Annual Sunday Luncheon > details and invitations to be sent out with next newsletter
- 25th Nov > Pitman Painters by Lee Hall at The Millgate Arts Centre—charity night > detail pending
- December > FRIENDS AGM and Christmas Party December > detail pending
- December > Santa’s grotto and children’s craft workshops > detail pending
New Friends of Saddleworth Museum and Gallery
Joining Forms are usually available in museum reception. This section is designed to provide the website visitor and any prospective “Friend” with information.
A very warm welcome should you decide to join us, and your support would be most valued !
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £10, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (up to two parents or grandparents and two children or grandchildren) £25.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email email@example.com should you be interested.