Please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> Newsletter_September_2017
- Your next newsletter is due:-
For those members who request newsletters by email only it will be December 2017
For all members it will be March 2018
Exhibition Preview > Saturday 11th November 1 – 4 pm.
An exhibition by Andrew Marland. “Millscapes”, exploring Wellington and Bailey Mills through time. From the 11th November to 4th December 2017.
OLD FILMS & TALK > Thursday 23rd November, 1.30 – 3.30 pm. £2 (£1 for “Friends” of the Museum)
Peter Fox will again give an informal talk where he will present his fascinating and interesting old films of the events and landscapes in the Saddleworth area. £1 entrance for “Friends”.
Friends’ exclusive event. AGM and seasonal party > Tuesday 5th December, 7.00 pm.
If you are already a member of the “Friends” and did not receive your invitation, or the nomination form for the Friends Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
After the short AGM we will have our usual shared supper so please contribute a dish of your choice. Glasses will be provided should you wish to bring your own drink. We will also have more quizzes and some musical accompaniment.
If you are not a “Friend” why not complete the form below and join us?
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £8, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (two adult and two children or grandchildren) £16.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email email@example.com should you be interested.