If you are not yet a Friend of the Museum, please read this page and then why not submit the request for a new member’s joining form.
Your support will be most valued.
BREAKING NEWS FOR THE FRIENDS OF SADDLEWORTH MUSEUM AND GALLERY!
“A VICTORIAN SOCIETY” by Christine Widdall. A book signing and talk > Sunday 18th June 2 – 4 pm. Free
Friends of the Museum are cordially invited to the book launch, at Saddleworth Museum, of “A Victorian Society” by Christine Widdall, on Sunday 18th June from 2pm to 4 pm, when Christine will be present to talk about the project and sign books. Refreshments will be provided.
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £8, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (two adult and two children or grandchildren) £16.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested.