Please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> December 2017 final
Your next newsletter is due on, or around 1st March 2018, and will include your membership renewal forms.
Exhibition Preview >Saturday 20th January 1 – 4 pm. Free. In the community gallery.
“The TEN of Us”. Ten former pupils of Manchester High School of Art ( Ted Bates, Reg Calvert, Steve Capper, Neil Cochrane, David Edwards, Phil Hughes, John McCombs, Ron McSweeney, David Ralston and Harry Roberts) left school, but now reunited are set to launch an exhibition of their work at the Saddleworth Museum in Uppermill. This exhibition will continue to be “free to view” on most days between 1 and 4 pm until Sunday 18th February 2018 but please check our events calendar before your visit.
Please see the “Events” page for ALL the confirmed events organised by the curator, “Friends”, learning officers, volunteers or other groups with strong links to the museum.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Other events planned by your “Friends committee, but with prices and booking information not yet available :-
- 16th February > Team Quiz Night with Supper
- 16th March > Yorkshire inspired Musical Evening with Supper
- 10th April > Tapas Evening
- 27th May > Plant Sale
- September > Team Quiz Night with Supper
- 7th October > Annual Friends’ Sunday Luncheon
- December > AGM.
New Friends of Saddleworth Museum and Gallery
Joining Forms are usually available in museum reception. This section is designed to provide the website visitor and any prospective “Friend” with information.
A very warm welcome should you decide to join us, and your support would be most valued !
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £10, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (up to two parents or grandparents and two children or grandchildren) £25.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email email@example.com should you be interested.