“Dear Friends, 2018 has been a rather busy year with the change in data protection regulations which took place on the 25th May 2018. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) superseded the UK Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 and now applies to all organisations (like the “Friends”), who hold personal data. We sent out copies of the amended privacy statements. Please click on this link here and read if you wish to know more. >>> Friends Privacy Statement
Renewal, and new membership forms have also been amended to reflect this change.
Should something not have been made clear please leave a message for me at the museum by hand or phone between 1 and 4 pm, or email email@example.com Thank you! Charlie Middlewood (Friends Membership Secretary) 26th May 2018″
- Please remember to bring your membership card with you should you wish to visit the museum galleries free, purchase items from the shop or attend an event.
Your latest newsletter is available here. Please select the link here for pdf version >>> November 2018 Newsletter This included both your invitation to the AGM, Xmas Party and a blank nomination for the committee form. Click here for the pdf version >>> Committee nomination form
It would be great to see you on the 4th December!
Your next newsletter is due on, or around 1st March 2019.
On Friday the 15th March the Friends of Saddleworth Museum are holding their Team Quiz night and will provide supper in the community gallery at the museum.
As usual places may go quickly so please pop in to the museum between 1 and 4 pm and buy your tickets as soon as possible.
Brian, Annette, Jo and the team are working hard on providing interesting questions and a tasteful supper.
We will have empty glasses available should you wish to bring your own liquid refreshments.
The cost is £5.00 per person and must be booked in advance. Tickets for this event are only available from the reception desk at the museum which is open between 1 and 4 pm daily. The telephone number at the museum is 01457 874093.
New Friends of Saddleworth Museum and Gallery
Joining Forms are usually available in museum reception. This section is designed to provide the website visitor and any prospective “Friend” with information.
A very warm welcome should you decide to join us, and your support would be most valued !
Benefits of Joining
• By joining, you help sustain, on an annual basis, an essential community resource.
• By joining, you help support the continued preservation and showcasing of our local history and heritage.
• You would enjoy free admission to the museum galleries (the current entrance fees for non-members vary from £2 to £6) all year around and for as many visits as you want.
• You would be entitled to a 5% discount on most items in the museum shop.
• You would receive, free, our regular Friends newsletter with articles and information concerning the museum itself, the people, activities, events and exhibitions.
• You would receive priority invitations to social events organised by the Friends and Volunteers, including a variety of interesting trips.
• You would have the opportunity to enjoy meeting a friendly group of like-minded people (e.g. we hold a coffee morning on the second Wednesday of every month) when Friends and non-Friends are most welcome
You control exactly how much you want to become involved.
Request a Friends NEW membership form
Membership joining forms are also available in our shop and we hope early next year to launch our website version.
Costs of Joining
We offer a variety of annual membership schemes for both individuals and families. At the time of writing the costs are, individual student or concessionary (those of retirement age) £10, individual adult £12, and family membership for four (up to two parents or grandparents and two children or grandchildren) £25.
Friends events and activities
For our Friends Events, and any Contact Forms we may have for that event, throughout the year please look at our ⇒ “Events” page.
Friends volunteering opportunities
We are always looking for existing Friends to help the committee in both the background (e,g. administration and organisation) and more visible (e.g. selling raffle tickets and collecting entrance fees) activities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you be interested.